ONLINE INTER STATE BRIDGE CHAMPIONSHIP 2021May 29, 2021
Recognized Member State Associations
Correspondent Officer (Sports Department)
Affiliated Bodies, Associate members
It may please be noted that BFI is planning to organize the “Online Inter State Bridge Championships 2021” from 21-29th August. We request all the President / Secretary of each State Association & Sports departments of affiliated bodies to conduct their State Championships between 1st June to 15th August 2021, so that they are able to inform about their representative teams to BFI for the upcoming Inter State Bridge Championships.
The championship will constitute of 2 main events:
- Team of Four Event for Late Shri. Kamalakar Rao Teams Trophy
- IMP Pairs for Agarwala Trophy
Please note that the quota for each state for Team event is allocated as below:
- 3 Teams: West Bengal, Maharashtra
- 2 Teams: Delhi, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Telangana
- 1 Team: All remaining states not covered in point (1) and (2)
- Affiliated Bodies: 1 Team
IMP Pairs Event: A state/affiliated body eligible for 1 team will have a quota to nominate 3 pairs to represent their state/affiliated body at the IMP Pairs event and so on.
Conditions to be adhered by all Recognized State Associations/Affiliated Bodies:
As per guidelines issued by Sports Authority of India, it is mandatory for all State Associations to conduct their state championships and submit the report to the federation. Any default can lead to de recognition of such state associations.
Important Points to Note:
- Annual membership fees will have to be compulsory paid by all Recognized State Associations as per the guidelines of BFI fees structure latest by 15th July of each calendar year by cheque/DD/NEFT/RTGS in favor of “Bridge Federation of India”.
- Annual Master point renewal fees will have to be compulsory paid by all Recognized State Associations as per the guidelines of BFI fees structure latest by 15th July of each calendar year by cheque/DD/NEFT/RTGS in favor of “Bridge Federation of India”. BFI will be sending the current list of registered members of each State Association as on 31st March 2021 along with the demand invoice to each state. Any state not agreeing with the no. of registered players in their state should contact Mr. Sudhir Aggarwal (email@example.com) for rectification.
- Annual Affiliation fees will have to be compulsory paid by all Recognized Affiliated Bodies as per the guidelines of BFI fees structure latest by 15th July of each calendar year by cheque/DD/NEFT/RTGS in favor of “Bridge Federation of India”.
Cheque/DD to be sent to:
Mr. Hemant Pande, Treasurer, BFI
10 Gurusampada Housing Society
Near Vanvihar Colony
Mobile: + 91 98224 98456
Online Bank transfer (NEFT) is available at:
Bridge Federation of India
Account number – 50100436689299
Bank – HDFC Bank Ltd,
Bank Branch – Thatte Nagar Branch, Nashik.
IFSC – HDFC0000064
- All state associations/ affiliated bodies should conduct selection trials for their respective state/body in order to select the representative team for the Inter State Championships. The secretary should send details of the selection event held along with the names of the representative team/s to Mr. Srinivasan Iyengar, Communication Manager, BFI through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 3rd Aug 2021.
- In case a state association/affiliated body is unable to hold a selection trial and desires to nominate a team as their representative team, it should communicate the same with proper reasons to Hon. Secretary, BFI wherein the BFI Credentials Committee will decide whether to allow eligibility to such state/affiliated body on case to case basis based on the facts enclosed.
- A Pair event for the selected pairs from the state will be conducted during the championship and the quota of pairs for each state will be proportionate to the team quota. However, each state shall conduct a selection trial for the pair event and nominate the pairs in a separate communication to Mr.Srinivasan (email@example.com) latest by 3rd Aug 2021.
- All State Associations are directed to follow strict adherence to the rule that their representative players are registered with the Master Point number from their state. It is mandatory for those, who have shifted to other states and have retained their MP No. of previous state, to be in their current state for a minimum 1 year to be eligible to play.
Online playing platform for Inter State Championship:
- It may please be noted that being online championship, BFI will be conducting the event on RealBridge platform to take care of the security aspect. There are lots of complaints of cheating on BBO platform and hence BFI cannot take chances to hold it on BBO, being a Ranking point event of BFI.
- As it will not be possible to hold live tournament due to pandemic, hence It is advised to all the participating associations / affiliated bodies to hold their State championship on online platform only. They should preferably hold it on Realbridge to acquaint their players with the platform, however BFI will allow the State Championship to be held between teams on BBO as well with “Kibitz off” option, which will at least reduce some chances of illegal flow of information.
Hon. Secretary, Bridge Federation of India