Welcome to the home page of the Centenary Bridge Tournament being organised by Delhi Gymkhana Club from 6th Sept to 8th Sept 2013 as part of the Centenary celebrations.
To view the Tournament Brochure click here.
About Delhi Gymkhana Club
The Imperial Delhi Gymkhana Club was established on 3rd July 1913 at Coronation Grounds, Delhi for use of the ruling elite comprising of officers of the Indian Civil Service, Armed Forces and Civil Residents of the then Delhi.The Lutyens Delhi was conceived during 1912-1930 and consequently, "The Imperial Delhi Gymkhana Club", was allotted 27.3 acres of land in Lutyens Delhi, during 1928 when the perpetual lease was signed with the Govt.
Mr. Spencer Harcourt Butler was its first President. When India gained Independence in 1947, the word "Imperial" was dropped and it was simply known as "Delhi Gymkhana Club". Sir Usha Nath was the first Indian President of the Club. The Club so far has had 52 Presidents. The present incumbent is Air Marshal Naresh Verma, AVSM, VSM. The club is located in the heart of Lutyen's New Delhi occupying 27.3 acres of prime land. As per site plan made on the drawing board by Sir Edwin Landseer Lutyens as part of his grand design for Imperial Celebrations, Lutyens Delhi - the eighth in line - was built in an area littered with stones, tombs, domes, ruined walls and gardens of former Capitals - the historic cross roads and battle grounds of India.