Indian Open/Mixed/Women Selection Trials 2019December 21, 2018
Selection Process for BFAME and World Teams Championships 2019
The Indian Team Selection Trials for the 2019 BFAME and 44th World Bridge Teams Championships will be conducted under the following categories – Open, Mixed,Women and Seniors. The Selection Camp for Open, Mixed and Women categories will be held at Pune from 12th to 17th February 2019. Tentative schedule will be as follows – however the final program will depend on the number of confirmed entries that are received.
To download the OFFICIAL DOCUMENT in PDF format: CLICK HERE
12-14 February Open
15-16 February Mixed
17 February Women
The following criteria will be used to short list participants at the camp for each category
Qualifiers from the various eligible National events as announced earlier, as well as medallists from the 2018 Asian Games will be invited to participate in the trials. The list of qualified players is detailed below.All qualified playerscan form partnerships with one other player who is also on the list and must register themselves as a pair on the BFI website no later than 15th January 2019.
Players who are not part of the Open team announced at the end of the selection process can participate in the Mixed / Women trials (if they have already qualified in those respective categories). Selection will be conducted based on submission received on Pairs basis and the pairs will have seeding points calculated based on their performance at the various eligible events, partnership duration and disciplinary aspects.
The list of players eligible to be part of Open Selection Trials is as below:
|1||Abhijit Chakraborty||30||Pranab Bardhan|
|2||Abhijit Sarkar||31||Pritish Kushari|
|3||Ajay Khare||32||R Krishnan|
|4||Anal Shah||33||R Srikrishnan|
|5||Animesh Raj||34||Rajendra Gokhale|
|6||Ariz Anklesaria||35||Rajeshwar Tewari|
|7||Arun Bapat||36||Raju Tolani|
|8||Arun Jain||37||Ramavtar Agarwal|
|9||Ashok Kumar Goel||38||Ravi Goenka|
|10||Ayan Chatterjee||39||S Dey Sarkar|
|11||B Satyanarayana||40||S Sunderram|
|12||Badal Das||41||Sanjoy Bhattacharya|
|13||Bhabhesh Saha||42||Sapan Desai|
|14||Binod Shaw||43||Satyabrata Mukherjee|
|15||Biswajit Poddar||44||Shambhoo Ghosh|
|16||Cs Majumder||45||Shankar Acharya|
|18||Dipak Poddar||47||Sk Iyengar|
|19||Indrejit Singh||48||Sn Dey Sarkar|
|20||Jaggy Shivdasani||49||Srinivasan Iyengar|
|21||Joyrup Mullick||50||Subhash Dhakras|
|22||K.R. Venkatraman||51||Subhash Gupta|
|23||Keyzad Anklesaria||52||Sujit Bhattacharya|
|24||Kiran Nadar||53||Sumit Mukherjee|
|25||Maneesh Bahuguna||54||Sunit Chokshi|
|26||Milind Athavale||55||Swarnendu Banerji|
|27||Nrk Moorthy||56||Tv Ramani|
|28||P Sridhar||57||Uttam Gupta|
|29.||Parimal Vahalia||58||Vijay Phaterphekar|
The Mixed Selection Trials for the Indian Team to participate in Mixed category at 2019 BFAME and World Bridge Teams Championships will be held on 15 and 16 February 2019 at Pune. Qualified Pairs (pairing must remain same as played in the qualifying event) from the various eligible National events as announced earlier as well as medalists from the 2018 Asian Games will be invited to participate in the trials. The short-listed names are as below. The Trials will be conducted on Pairs basis and dependent on the final list of confirmed pairs.
- Gopinath Manna & Asha Narula
- Mini Naidoo & Priya Ranjan Sinha
- Sanidp Dutta & Meenal Thakur
- Abhijit Chakraborty & Asha Sharma
- Gopika Tandon & Arun Jain
- R Krishnan & Bimal Sicka
- Sujit Basu & Bharati Dey
- Monica Jajoo & Sumit Mukherjee
- Uttam Gupta & Vasanti Shah
- Bindo Shaw & Asha Sharma
- Arun Bapat & Dr Nikita Kamal
- TV Ramani & Jesal Dabriwala
- Kiran Nadar – B Satyanarayana
- Rajeev – Himani Khandelwal
- Hema Deora – Gopinath Manna
NOTE: Those women who are not part of the Mixed team announced at the end of the selection process can participate in the Women’s trials.
The Women Selection Trials for the Indian Team to participate in Venice Cup category at 2019 BFAME and World Bridge Teams Championships will be held on 17th February 2019 at Pune. Qualified pairs from the various eligible National events as announced earlier as well those women participating in mixed category trials if not selected to be part of the Mixed team will be invited to participate in the trials. The short-listed names are as below. The trials will be conducted on Pairs basis.
- Amita Raythata & Indira Soonawala
- Puja Batra & Asha Sharma
- Bhavani Haran & Vandana Kushlani
- Bharati Dey – Vasanti Shah
- Rupa Bakeri – Alka Khsirsagar
- Monica Jajoo- Puja Batra
Only those ladies, who would participate in the Mixed event selection trials and do not qualify in that event will be allowed to participate in the Women event. They will have to make their partnerships only from the non qualifying ladies available from mixed event.
- After the conclusion of the trials for all categories, one pair will be announced as a reserve in each category.
- The final format and seeding points will be announced after the close of entries for all categories.
- All Eligible players are requested to submit their entries latest by 15thJanuary, 2019 at the Registration Page on the federation website bfi.net.in.
- The financial sanction from Sports Authority of India is awaited for this selection camp. As per the guidelines, players will be reimbursed their travel expenses based on II AC/Air India rates on submission of their original copies as well the federation will provide boarding and lodging to all the players subject to the confirmation of the sanction which will be notified on the website.
- For any information kindly contact Sec. Mr. Anand (KS) Samant [email protected]
We do not see any mention of Indore event in this publication. Indore event has historically been considered as a qualifying event for quite some years now. Can the BFI please clarify the status of Indore event at its earlieast
You must be logged in to post a comment. - Log in